RACE DAY INSTRUCTIONS
08 September 2017
Here are the key things you need to know for race day! From parking, toilets to shower and changing facilities and more...
Deep RiverRock Belfast City Half Marathon - Sunday 17th September 2017
Time: 9.00am (SHARP), Ormeau Park
- Please try and use the toilet before you leave home. Portaloo facilities at Ormeau Park will not be able to cope with all competitors, especially before the race. There will be toilet facilities on the route and these will be clearly marked in advance and are highlighted on the map.
- Competitors are advised to arrive no less than 20 minutes before the start. You will have the option to leave your clothing in the allocated marquee in Ormeau Park on Race Morning with Marathon Staff. You should attach the cut off slip from your number to your bag. Signage will be in place to guide you to this location. This service will only be available until 8.45am as you will need time to line up at the starting line.
- Travel / Parking arrangements - please click HERE for details
- Participants are required to complete the course in under 3 hours. If you decide not to complete the course, the best place to "drop out" is at one of the First Aid Stations. A special minibus will collect you and deposit you at the finishing area.
- Hydration and Energy stations - please click HERE for details.
- As you cross the finishing line, glance at the clock which will indicate your finishing time - AND KEEP MOVING. The officials at the finishing line will not know your exact finishing position so please don't ask them for details of positions or times.
- At the finish line, water will be provided in addition to your well earned medal and finisher bag containing your Finisher Tech T-shirt.
- Changing facilities will be available in the Ozone Tennis Centre post-race. Please follow the signs and obey instructions from Marathon Staff for entrance/exit of these changing rooms.
- Results will be available here on the evening of the event. All individuals will receive a medal. Details of all other prizes will be available on the website after Race Day.