Oat and Parmesan Crusted Chicken with Caesar Salad
- 4 medium chicken breasts
- 50g Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 50g White’s Speedicook porridge oats
- zest of a lemon
- freshly milled black pepper
- 1 large egg white
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cos lettuces, roughly chopped
- a few cherry tomatoes - optional
- 4 slices of crusty bread
- shavings of parmesan cheese to serve - optional
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 50ml olive oil
- 4 tablespoons of parmesan cheese, finely grated
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
To make the dressing, whisk together the egg, mustard and lemon juice. Slowly add the olive oil, whisking constantly. Stir through the cheese and season with salt and black pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Slice each chicken breast in half to give you eight mini fillets. Put the porridge oats in a food processor and whizz until they resemble crumbs. Mix the parmesan, oats, lemon zest and some freshly milled black pepper together and place on a plate. Crack the egg white into a bowl and lightly whisk.
Dip the chicken into the egg and then press into the parmesan cheese mixture, making sure that both sides are thoroughly coated.
Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Cook the chicken for 2-3 minutes each side until golden and crisp. Divide the salad leaves among four plates and drizzle with the dressing. Top with two pieces of sliced chicken and sprinkle over a few shavings of parmesan cheese.
Serve with toasted crusty bread.