Marathon Nutrition with Framar Health
Framar Health is proud to be the official nutritional partner of the Deep RiverRock Belfast City Marathon, supporting athletes and runners with quality products and health tips.
Framar Health is delighted to be able to offer fantastic discounts on quality products that are specifically designed to support athletes and runners during their training and sporting event. Click here to discover more.
Also be sure to check out the thriving clinic at Framar Health with nutritional support from their BANT registered nutritionists, podiatrist, osteopath and sports massage therapists. More detail HERE.
Keep any eye on our website and social media when Framar Health will share their monthly top nutrition tips!
- Long distance running causes acute muscle damage resulting in inflammation. Cherries are rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties…Active Edge to the rescue.
- Muscle glycogen is the main source of energy in intense endurance events. Pre run and intra run carbs are essential to avoid glycogen levels depleting.
- Rehydration is important after long runs. The inclusion of sodium in a rehydration drink such as High Five Electrolyte Sports Drink can help aid rapid recovery of moderate to high fluid deficits.
- Magnesium can help electrolyte balance, whilst also improving rest and recovery by contributing to a reduction in tiredness and fatigue. Consider adding Better You Magnesium Flakes to your bath or footbath.
- Studies show that reflexology is an effective way to remove the build-up of lactic acid from the legs, thereby increasing circulation and improving delivery of oxygen and nutrients to the body.
- With no evidence that static stretching prevents injury, warm up with dynamic stretching instead; active movements that stretch the muscles. Try butt kicks, high knees, leg swings or even a light jog.
Individual nutritional plans from Framar Health are available upon registering for the 2021 Deep RiverRock Belfast City Marathon and Half Marathon at a cost of £10 per person.