Take Part for BART
12 April 2019
It’s sign up deadline day for the Deep RiverRock Belfast City Marathon so register before midnight if you haven’t already!!
Just in case you are still wondering whether or not to pick a charity to run/walk/wheel for, which one to pick or maybe you want to volunteer on the day, here’s BART’s top 10 reasons why you should #TakePart4BART:
- BART is local – any funds you raise will stay in N. Ireland.
- They are a small charity – BART don’t have many staff and rely on volunteers and fundraisers. This means each and every one of you can make a big impact to the charity by fundraising or helping.
- They need to raise awareness and by simply wearing a BART t shirt on race day YOU can do that!
- We all know that the health service is under increasing pressure with longer waiting lists and we are all living longer and with obesity levels rising, more of us will need joint replacements, it could be you or a loved one someday. An increase in the number of operations carried out is creating a huge waiting list for joint replacements and BART is currently working with staff at Musgrave Park Hospital on ways to improve this.
- If you know someone who’s had a joint replacement you will know the pain they were in beforehand. BART’s supporters have told them of the life changing affect that their operation has had and how they have been able to return to an active life. With so many more people now waiting in pain for their operation something needs to be done now to help them. BART is working on this!
- Staff and patients endorse BART – they see first-hand how important the work they do is.
- BART understands patients – by funding and participating in a Patient Liaison Group they ensure that the research they do will be of patient benefit.
- Your donations will help support the setting up of a Peer Support Group to help patients through the difficult days before and after their surgery.
- BART will encourage you every step of the way. They’ve got cheer stations on the route and you, your family and friends can visit the team in the charity village after.
- Why not, sure it will be a fun day out with family or friends plus you will get a medal - no matter what event you take part in!
Will you join the staff, patients and BART supporters on the 5th of May and #TakePart4BART?
Sign up for the 2019 Deep RiverRock Belfast City Marathon at www.belfastcitymarathon.com and tick the box to fundraise for BART.
Email email@example.com or phone 02890 683530 to get your free fundraising pack today or to register your interest in volunteering for us on the day.