Race Expo Activities on Saturday 4 May
04 May 2019
We're delighted to confirm details of our Mini Expo activities on Saturday 4th May in Ormeau Park.
SATURDAY 4TH MAY - RACE EXPO
Ormeau Park (Ozone Tennis Centre Entrance) 1pm - 5pm
Here's what you can expect:
RACE PACKS - REPLACEMENT/NEW PACKS
- Extra Packs will be available to purchase for ALL events on a first come first served basis in the Information Marquee from 1pm. Cash and credit/debit card payment only
- Marathon - £65
- Team Relay - £140
- 9 Mile Walk - £40
- Fun Run - £16 (adult) £14 (Child)
PRE-ORDER YOUR COMMEMORATIVE MARATHON TOP
- Visit us in the Information Marquee to pre-order your commemorative marathon top and snood! Details HERE. Cash and credit/debit card payment only.
JOHN GLOVER PRESENTATION OF THE NEW MARATHON ROUTE
- John Glover is the designer and measurer of the new marathon course and will be presenting a special “marathon route” history and overview over two sessions: 12.30pm and 1.30pm. Details HERE. These sessions will be held in the Ozone Tennis Centre (meeting room upstairs). These sessions have been pre-booked but contact us via Facebook, Twitter or Instagram messaging if you would still like to book you place. Places are limited.
- John Glover's new book "History of Northern Ireland Marathon Running" will be available to purchase for £5 at the Information Marquee (Cash only).
MONO EVENTS - FAMILY FUN OUTDOOR ACTIVITY
- Mono events return with an array of fun packed activities for the entire family
- Sky jumper
- Adventure play
- Large inflatable Bouncy Castle
- Kids roundabout
- Rodeo bull
TOWN AND COUNTRY CATERING
- There's be a choice of food and refreshments available to purchase including hot food, ice cream, coffee and Dinky Donuts.
Our title sponsors will be providing the following family friendly activities:
- Exgloo sampling of the Deep RiverRock range
- "Finish Line" Photo Backdrop
- Relax in their giant Deck Chairs and swing seat
- Purchase a range of Deep RiverRock
- Thirst For Better - speak to the team about how you can support your community group, just by collecting DRR bottle labels
Come visit our FIVE Charity Partners - BART, Cancer Focus NI, Air Ambulance NI, Stroke Association and Action Mental Health to collect your Cheer Packs, Fundraising Packs and leave your donations with the teams ahead of race day. You can also expect the following family fun activity:
- BART - giving away balloons, bananas and buns
- Cancer Focus NI - Sweet treats, selfie frame and more
- Stroke Association - Creative Parties "Balloon Modelling" between 2-4pm
- Air Ambulance NI - Merchandise for sale, get your picture taken with the Helicopter prop and you may also see their mascot Helimed Ted!
- Action Mental Health - giving away balloons and why not get your picture taken with their Instagram frame!
SPAR "BEAT THE ELITE" CHALLENGE
We're every excited to welcome one of our new sponsors for 2019 - SPAR at this year's Expo. Over race weekend the SPAR team will be challenging you to "Beat the Elite" for a chance to win vouchers, apples and you'll receive a certificate for your efforts also.
- The SPAR Sports Club was created in 2019 as part of Spar UK's sponsorship of British Athletics and has been created by Global Coaching Solutions after their work with SPAR International on the NutritionZone and SPARK park.
- During the 2019 indoor season, the SPAR Sports Club saw over 4,000 track and field fans take part in the Speed Challenge to try and 'Beat the Elites’ speed on the track during the three major indoor events including: SPAR British Athletics National Indoors, Müller Indoor Grand Prix and the European Athletics Indoor Championships.
- For the Deep RiverRock Belfast City Marathon, this crowd activation event will continue with the ‘Speed Challenge’ theme and encourage participants to beat the speeds of some of the World’s fastest marathon runners on the SPAR Sports Club treadmills.
O2 EXHIBITION AND POP UP SHOP
Welcoming the O2 team from MMD Communications who will be offering the following activities across race weekend:
- Fitbit prizes up for grab each day
- Pop up shop
Our Official transport partner Translink will be there with their promo team, giving away branded bags and ponchos throughout the afternoon.
Sponsors of our Team Relay "team" prizes will be organising some fun games each day for the chance to win a family voucher for their Family Fun Day (Expo prize only) and a £50 voucher for their activity centre in Moneymore (Race Day only). They'll also be giving away some Jungle goodies.
Our Official Gym Partner will be there with their promo team handing out day passes to try one of their gyms across Belfast. You may also have the opportunity to meet and get your picture taken with their mascot the "Dolphin"!