Linwoods Chocolate and Beetroot Superfood Muffins
19 February 2016
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 6 tbsp Linwoods Flaxseed, Cocoa & Berries mix
- 1 scoop chocolate whey protein powder
- 2 tbsp Linwoods goji berries
- 2 tbsp Linwoods hemp seeds
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup Natvia or other sweetener
- 200g vacuum-packed cooked beetroot, rinsed
- 4 tsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ripe avocados
- 50g low sugar chocolate
- 2 tbsp Natvia or other sweetener
- 1tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ½ scoop chocolate whey protein powder
- First preheat the oven to 190 degrees C and grease 6-8 muffin tins.
- Put the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Blend together the beetroot, coconut oil, eggs, milk, vanilla and milk until thoroughly mixed, then pour into the bowl and mix well so you have a soft and colourful mixture. Spoon into muffin cases and bake for 20 minutes until golden.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool. Meanwhile make the topping – melt the chocolate and leave to cool slightly, then add to a blender with the other ingredients and whizz together until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and chill until needed.
- To serve, simply add the topping onto a muffin and enjoy!