IMPORTANT Team Relay event information
20 April 2019
Important reminder for all relay teams with 2 weeks to go!
There are four team relay changeover points. They are located at;
Ormeau Park (changeover point will be signposted on the day from the Ozone Tennis Centre: a short walk into the park)
Boucher Road (opposite the old B&Q)
Falls Road (close to St Kevin’s Primary School)
Duncairn Gardens (changeover point is on North Queens Street, at Asda)
The team relay is split into five parts. The following distances are approximately;
Participants will receive an overall "Team" time and "individual" leg times with the runners of Leg A (start), Leg B, Leg C, Leg D and Leg E (finish) each being chip timed with ChampionChip Ireland. There will be "Fastest Leg" prizes from ChampionChip Ireland for Male and Female (Leg A-E) and Team prizes from The Jungle for fastest All Male team, All Female Team and Mixed Team.
TEAM RELAY TRANSPORT
THE FOLLOWING TRANSPORT IS FREE TO TEAM RELAY PARTICIPANTS
Leg A – Stormont (Start) to Ormeau Park
- A shuttle bus will be available from Belfast City Hall (outside SS Moore’s) to the Start Line from 07.00am to 08.00am.
Leg B – Ormeau Park to Boucher Road
- Runners will make their own way to Ormeau Park and transport will NOT be available to this point.
Leg C – Boucher Road to Falls Road
- Transport will leave Annadale Embankment 8.00am – 9.00am.
Leg D – Falls Road to Duncairn Gardens
- Transport will leave Annadale Embankment 8.30am – 9.15am.
Leg E – Duncairn Gardens to Ormeau Park (Finish)
- Transport will leave Annadale Embankment 9.30am – 10.30am.
Return transport for Relay runners to Ormeau Embankment will be available from relay changeover points: Boucher Road, Falls Road and Duncairn Gardens.
**PLEASE ENSURE YOU HAVE RECEIVED YOUR TEAM RACE PACKS – IF YOU HAVEN’T RECEIVED BY FRIDAY 26TH APRIL PLEASE CALL THE MARATHON OFFICE ON 028 9060 5933 (OFFICE HOURS) SO WE CAN HELP YOU**