Cook Off BREAKFAST Recipe - Chocolate Chia Pancakes
10 February 2018
Vegan gluten free thick and fluffy pancakes made with whole grain buckwheat flour. Wholesome, delicious and chocolaty… what more could you want for breakfast! These are naturally sweetened with banana and made that extra bit indulgent with a dairy free chocolate sauce! Inclusive of Linwoods ingredients.
Preparation Time - 5 minutes
Cooking Time - 10 minutes
Servings - 1
For the Pancakes
- 60g oats gluten free if necessary
- 15g raw cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 60g ripe banana
- 125ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp (7g) milled chia seeds
- 1 -2 tsp maple syrup (optional)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
For the Chocolate Sauce
- 1 tbsp (7g) raw cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp (15ml) maple syrup
- 2 tbsp (30ml) full fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp (4g) arrowroot starch + 1 tbsp (15ml) water
- Place all ingredients for the pancakes in a blender or Nutri Bullet and blend until smooth.
- Set batter to one side while you preheat the pan.
- Heat a non-stick 10 inch pan over a medium heat. Cook 2.5 tbsp of batter per pancake.
- Cook for 2 - 3 minutes, flip and cook for 2 minutes more. To make flipping easier place pan under a preheated grill for 1 minute, return to the stove top and cook for 1 minute more.
- For the chocolate ganache whisk together first three ingredients in pot, bring to the boil and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Mix together water and arrowroot starch. Add to the pot and whisk to combine while it simmers. Allow to heat through and thicken for 1 -2 minutes.
- The chocolate sauce can be made in advance and stored in the fridge.
- Serve pancakes topped with chocolate sauce, some hemp seeds, desiccated coconut, and blackberries.