Have you always wanted to run a Marathon, but felt you didn’t know where to start?
Well now is your opportunity – after its success last year, the organisers at the Deep RiverRock Belfast City Marathon are setting up a new “Experiment 26.2” Group to help, support and watch 20 people cross the finish line on Sunday 5th May 2019 for their first marathon.
You will be given;
- Free entry for the Deep RiverRock Belfast City Marathon on Sunday 5th May 2019
- Free Training Plan from our Official Marathon Coach Stuart Kennedy
- Free Nutrition Plan from our Official Nutrition Partner Framar Health
- Full schedule of training activities inclusive of Better classes and complimentary races – Spar Omagh Half Marathon, Spar Craic 10K and Titanic 10K
- Full training gear – shorts/t-shirts/jacket/trainers
- 3 month citywide Health and Fitness membership with Better* Ts and Cs apply
- 12 month membership with Athletics Northern Ireland* Ts and Cs apply
- 6 month membership of the Mary Peters Track, Belfast: January - June 2019 inclusive. Ts and Cs apply.
- Free Q&A Sessions with Official Marathon Coach Stuart Kennedy, Framar Health, Better, Dr Gavin Breslin (Sport and Exercise Psychologist), experienced event Pacers and more
- Complimentary training goodies from Deep RiverRock, Framar Health, Tayto, Spar, White’s Oats, Linwoods and more
- And so much more!
To qualify for this amazing experience, you must agree to each of the following criteria:
- I am over the age of 18 years old
- I have never run a marathon
- I have a relative level of fitness and can run 4-5 miles comfortably
- I have been given permission from my doctor to participate
- I am happy to take part in any PR related activity such as photographs, training sessions or interviews. I understand that I will be required to write blogs about my training and experience once a month to share with other participants/followers of the Deep RiverRock Belfast City Marathon
- I understand that I can only pull out of Experiment 26.2 because of an injury, sickness or death in my family*
*Any participants who pull out due to injury will need to present a medical note to the Event Manager
“Experiment 26.2” will have one key meeting per month (January-April) and will also have group long runs/training sessions on evenings and weekends across each month. These will provide motivation and support for individuals who wish to be part of a team, achieve their goal or reach their best time.
If you are interested in this wonderful experience, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application form.
Completed applications must be received by the Deep RiverRock Belfast City Marathon before 4pm on Friday 23rd November 2018.