Planning ahead with your travel for Sunday 5th May 2019? Together with our partners Belfast City Council and Translink, we are providing the following free parking and transport options.
Parking in Stormont – There are over 2,300 FREE parking spaces available at the start line within the Stormont Complex. If you intend to park in or around the Stormont area, please use this facility and enter via Stoney Road – follow signage and the directions of the stewards. DO NOT block or park in the residential areas nearby. Please note the Upper Newtownards Road from the Stormont Entrance will close from around 8.00am to facilitate traffic management solutions for the start of the event. Access will be from the Dundonald side ONLY.
Parking around Ormeau Park/Finish Area – FREE parking will be available in the following carparks;
- A - Belfast City Council Car Park, Raphael Street - 250 spaces approx.
- B - Belfast City Council Car Park, Ormeau Avenue - 90 spaces approx.
- C - Queens PEC Car Park, Botanic Park - 120 spaces approx.
- D - Dunnes Stores Car Park, Annadale Embankment, Belfast - 120 spaces approx.
THE FOLLOWING TRANSPORT IS FREE TO PARTICIPANTS AND SPECTATORS
- Getting to the start line - a shuttle bus will be available from Belfast City Hall (outside SS Moore’s) to the Start Line between 07.00am and 08.00am.
- Spectators getting from the Start Line to the Finish Line – there will be a shuttle bus available from the Upper Newtownards Road to take spectators to the Finish Line.
- Getting back to Belfast City Centre or Stormont – a shuttle bus will take participants and supporters from the Finish Line at Ormeau Park back to Belfast City Centre. This service will run until 4:30pm. There will then be a shuttle bus available from SS Moore’s for participants and spectators going to Stormont. This service will run until 5pm.