Whites Cinnamon and Raisin Oat Cookies
14 March 2017
When it comes to foods for marathon training you’ll want all macros covered, Protein, Fat, Carbs and plenty of good fibre, these will all help with giving you an abundance of energy for those long sessions, as well as help with the recovery process after each one.
Be aware your muscle glycogen stores will deplete after each session, and after the race itself – it’s important you restore these in order for your body to recover sufficiently and support you for another training run a day or two days later.
Try our cinnamon & raisin oat cookies for a quick and immediate post run refuelling. The slow releasing carbohydrates from the oats will provide a steady release of energy, and you needn’t worry about the sugar content as you’ll get just right amount of sweetness from the natural coconut. Most importantly these tasty cookies will help restore glycogen levels after those long runs.
1 and a 1/2 cups of Whites Speedicook Porridge Oats
1/2 cup of desiccated coconut
1/4 cup of coconut sugar
1/4 cup of raisins
Cinnamon (to liking)
1 whole egg + 1 egg white
1/4 cup of coconut oil melted
- Blend 1/2 cup of Speedicook oats to a powder consistency
- Add the remaining oats into a large bowl, and also add in the blended oats, desiccated coconut, raisins and cinnamon. Give it a good stir.
- Melt the coconut oil then add to a bowl with the coconut sugar, egg + egg white. Whisk to make a runny paste.
- Add the paste to the dry ingredients and mix.
- Use your hands to pat into cookie shapes, put onto a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Put into the oven for 10 mins at 180 degrees.