Spiced apple and Chia overnight oats!
Flaxseed, for example, is one of nature’s richest plant sources of Omega 3 – an essential fatty acid which our body does not produce and therefore must be obtained through our food.
It is essential that we supplement our diets with Vitamin D, especially in winter, due to the lack of sunlight in the northern hemisphere. Linwoods Milled Flaxseed, Bio Cultures and Vitamin D is the perfect way to get your 100% RDA of Vitamin D whilst also adding further nourishment from the milled flaxseed and Bio Cultures.
Chia seed, with its amazing nutritional offering, is the ultimate super food. Chia seed is one of the highest natural sources of dietary fibre and is also a natural source of Omega 3 and gives your body an extra boost of energy and nourishment, which we could do with during the winter months.
Hemp is one of the world’s most nutritious seeds, packed with protein and energy-boosting iron essential to provide oxygen to your body, perfect for those long evening runs.
To help you stay healthy and warm this winter, Linwoods has created lots of healthy recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We have included one below to get you started but for lots more recipes and information on our superfood blends visit www.linwoodshealthfoods.com.
Breakfast - Spiced Apple and Chia Overnight Oats
• 50g Oats
• 1 apple, grated
• 1 tablespoon of Linwoods Milled Chia Seed
• 150ml – 175ml almond milk
• ½ tsp nutmeg
• Linwoods Milled Flaxseed, Chia Seed, Apple & Cinnamon
• Fresh strawberries
• Apple, grated
1. Combine the oats, apple, chia seeds and nutmeg in a bowl, adding the milk last.
2. Transfer to a jar or airtight container and place in the fridge overnight.
3. Remove from the fridge and top with Milled Flaxseed, Chia Seed, Apple & Cinnamon, strawberries and grated apple.
4. Enjoy hot or cold!