Working closely with governing body Athletics Northern Ireland, the organisers are sourcing timing pacers for 3 hours, 3 hours 15 minutes, 3 hours 30 minutes, 3 hours 45 minutes, 4 hours, 4 hours and 15 minutes and 4 hours and 30 minutes.
General secretary of Athletics Northern Ireland and Board Member of the Belfast City Marathon Ltd, John Allen said;
"Last year's pacer scheme proved very popular. We are always keen to do what we can do to improve the experience of runners in the race and the pacer scheme not only helps runners achieve their target but also adds to the camaraderie of the day."
The organisers are looking to recruit pacers for the 2018 Deep RiverRock Belfast City Marathon to guide participants to the Finish Line.
To be considered for this post the following essential criteria applies:
- Previous experience running and/or pacing a marathon run
- Guarantee you can deliver the race time up to 21 miles
- Member of a running club*
*No more than 3 runners will be selected from each club
- Available for training evenings throughout the year (maximum of 3)
- Available for photographs, blogs and Facebook live interviews throughout the year
(maximum of 3)
- Commit to wearing ASICS merchandise on Race Day and for all promotional events
The following times are available;
3 hours – 2 pacers required
3 hours 15 mins – 2 pacers required
3 hours 30 mins – 2 pacers required
3 hours 45 mins – 2 pacers required
4 hours – 3 pacers required
4 hours 15 mins – 2 pacers required
4 hour 30 mins – 2 pacers required
All pacers will be picked at random.
In return you will receive;
- Free entry to the 2018 Deep RiverRock Belfast City Marathon
- ASICS Kit (Jackets, Vest/T-shirt, Shorts, Trainers) worth up to £200
- Plaque given out at Prize Giving
If you are interested in becoming an official pacer for the 2018 Deep RiverRock Belfast City Marathon, please email us at email@example.com for an application form. Completed application forms must be emailed to us before Friday 17th November 2017.